Thursday, August 11, 2011

36.2 Weeks

This pic is for my friend Kathy who's been asking for a belly shot! Here she is! I feel my belly looks a LOT bigger due to the fact that I'm not wearing a maternity shirt. I had 2 people look at me today and say, "Wow, you're ready to pop!" No - not yet.....but hopefully. I had a witty comeback that someone told me to use - but I didn't really want to look at this gentleman and say, "yeah? Looks like I'm not the only one!"

Thank heavens! the weather has gotten better. It's been so nice to be outside more - even if it's just sitting on the front porch. Matt and Lucy keep active in the front yard while I swing. Tonight our neighbor across the street brought over her 2 granddaughters. They are the sweetest girls - and the 3 of them ran around our front yard for 30 min. yelling "pixie dust!" and doing tumblesets in the grass. (I'd give my right arm to do a tumbleset right now!) I walk as much as I can - but due to the way Annie is laying (not sure what body part it is) I get an awful cramp in between my thigh and lower abdomen and crouch over in pain multiple times while I'm walking. I could barely get through Bigg's today - people look at me in a frightened way thinking I'm heading into labor right then and there.

Monday's appointment didn't show much change - and my OB didn't gladly lie to me and tell me how I'll most likely go early. I didn't need to hear that I was still 3 cm. but now 50% - but that didn't mean anything - I could go overdue also. BLAH! Sis is coming next week to help out - so I'm hoping I'll get some more walking in (without the doubling over in pain).

So anyway - this week we got a few things out of the way. We had been wanting to get Lucy a big sister gift - and something for her to have while Mommy and Daddy have to be away from her. So, we bought her a recordable book from Hallmark called "All the Ways I Love You." Very sweet - Matt and I got to recording that this past weekend and wrapped it up for later. Yesterday, her "gift" from Annabelle came in the mail. Lucy always wants to play with our camera - so we got her a kid's digital camera which is pretty neat (I played with it for about a 1/2 hour last night!). So when she comes to visit Annabelle in the hospital, she'll get a gift from her little sister and get to take pictures.

Lots of things to keep us busy the next few days - then sis and niece come for a few days. It'll be nice to have people around to keep Lucy busy and just to chat with during the day since most of my gals are heading back to school here next week! How is it that all my helpers this summer were teachers??! A blessing for sure - but sad that it all has to end! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment