Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweets and Treats


yes, this is my child....yes, she is wearing a nightgown, sunglasses AND a bicycle helmet. Why? I guess it's just super fun. She's crushing some strawberries for our annual Strawberry Jammin' day. And lastly, yes, her fingers are in the bowl. If you recieved our jam, ate it and are now seeing this - at least you survived! and Lucy didn't send any kiddie germs your way.


flippin' over the jars so we can hear them POP!






Yum!






Lucy requests banana bread on a weekly basis. She and I devoured almost all of it - she would have eaten more but I added walnuts this time (hoping she wouldn't notice and I could sneak in a little extra protein into my picky girl's diet)....no go. She will sit and meticulously pick out each little teeny piece of walnut. Note to self - no more walnuts in her banana bread unless they are ground









My latest recipe trial - homemade poptarts! My friend told me about a recipe she had tried. I was a bit skeptical - but I tried it out. She shared how her children devoured them. My girl? No go - it's times like these where I am thinking "what is wrong with you, child?!" It's all about presentation with Lucy. If it's not covered in fancy sprinkles or glistening with icing - most likely she won't even try it. I think she senses there is something healthy about these (minus the butter and sugar involved - but lacking in a million preservatives!). So sad for her - because there were amazing! More for me :)











No comments:

Post a Comment