Monday, July 11, 2011

an "early" update - 32 wks.

I spoke way too soon! After a week (and a DAY!) my OBs office called me to tell me that I did not pass my 1-hour glucose test. So, I had to make an appt. to go to the hospital for my 3-hour. Did that last Friday and got the call today - I passed! At least I had 3 hours of sitting in a recliner and reading trash magazines....I think I'm all caught up on my People news.

Also had my recent OB appt. and ultrasound last Tuesday. I needed to have another u/s because I was diagnosed with previa again with this pregnancy. Thankfully the previa has corrected itself and no signs of any issues with that. I did get to bring home some new pics of our girl. When I had this u/s with Lucy - the tech told me that Lucy had a ton of hair. I asked this time about Annie and she said she only saw some peach fuzz. I loved being able to be bows and barretts in Lucy's hair - I'm hoping Annie grows just a bit more so that we can put something in her hair!

Feeling ok - but getting super uncomfortable. And this girl just doesn't stop moving! So not much sleep is going on for me. Thankful we feel her moving a ton though - we know she is healthy! Yesterday she kicked Lucy and Lucy just laughed for the longest time.

Oh - and my latest - "why didn't I think of this before" moment. I hired a Mommy helper/babysitter. Gabby is a girl @ our church who just loves Lucy. So a few months ago I asked her if she wanted to come over once a week and hang out with Lucy while I do odd jobs around the house or run errands. Day 1 was last week. I cannot tell you how glorious it was to run errands ALONE! - and i slipped in a pedicure! Plus Lucy gets to do fun things that Mommy just can't do right now - like have someone to run around with her and keep up with her. (and also the things Mommy doesn't like to do - like play with play-doh!) Don't ask me why - I just hate making things with play-doh. This has been a huge blessing. I'm looking forward to Gabby coming again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment