Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 Must See Documentaries

Matt brought home a documentary the other night - I thought I would fall asleep....but he did well. :) It was a great doc. on schools in the U.S. As a former teacher, it really irritated me how our school systems are run - and I can see why parents choose to home school. We had a really good discussion after this one re: our children's education!




Business of Being Born was also really good! I would never, ever consider a homebirth - I am just way too chicken! But it was really great to see how women can take charge of their birthing process. I have a friend who had a home water birth for her 3rd, and she said it was difficult, but felt that it was much better than her previous 2 hospital births and the recovery was way faster. It's sad that midwifery is becoming a lost art.




Amazing! Every parent should see this! Such a great documentary. It follows 4 babies around the world and shows how no matter where they live, they all still reach the same milestones and grow up to be healthy babies. It's interesting to watch a family take home their newborn (and young child) on a motorcycle, in another country a chicken walks across the bed where a baby is sleeping, and yet another that shows a little one just playing in the dirt at his mother's feet. I loved this documentary. Shows a lot of unnecessary things we parents do in the U.S. also!




No comments:

Post a Comment